Experienced Privacy Lawyers Serving Windsor and Essex County
Breach of privacy can result in significant legal liability, reputational harm, and financial losses for individuals and businesses. Willis Business Law helps private and public sector clients navigate the complicated intersection of provincial and federal privacy laws and regulations to protect their rights and minimize risk.
The privacy lawyers at Willis Business Law provide advice on every aspect of privacy and data protection, from collecting and managing information to crisis management in the event of a breach. The firm also assists clients with compliance matters involving the application of privacy and data protection legislation, responses to privacy-related complaints, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy requests.
A Firm Dedicated to Providing Effective Legal Solutions
Willis Business Law provides a broad range of privacy-related legal services to private businesses, public sector and government institutions that collect individuals’ personal or confidential information, including:
- Incorporating best practices for regulatory compliance, including compliance with various privacy laws and regulations:
- The Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA);
- The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA);
- The Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA); and
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL);
- Educating board members, senior management, and staff about privacy compliance and the implementation of related policies;
- Performing audits of an organization’s protocols for the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of personal information;
- Incorporating privacy and security requirements into contractual agreements;
- Drafting consent forms for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information;
- Developing comprehensive privacy policies, including the creation of systems and procedures to ensure compliance with privacy legislation and regulations;
- Crisis management in the event of a privacy breach; and
- Guidance on responding to privacy-related complaints or requests for access to information.
The firm’s privacy law group also represents and advises clients whose personal or confidential information is held by a government agency or who are seeking information from the government about privacy and freedom-of-information issues.
Contact the Lawyers at Willis Business Law for Assistance With Privacy Law Matters
The privacy lawyers at Willis Business Law provide expert business law advice and guidance to private and public sector institutional clients across Windsor-Essex County. The firm embraces the Windsor community spirit while maintaining the professionalism of a big firm.
Equipped with its established proficiency in Ontario business law, Willis Business Law provides comprehensive advice to help clients minimize privacy risk and liability. Call 519-945-5470 or contact the firm online for a consultation.